Tuesday, May 29, 2012

I went up Gertrude's Nose!

Hey Y'all,
During Memorial weekend I went hiking up Gertrude's Nose in Minnewaska State Park upstate. It was a six mile hike with an elevation gain of about 600 feet. The name comes from a woman named Gertrude Bruyn who received land from a 1682 deed (I wonder how she got that?-inside joke!). We also passed through Millbrook Mt and Patterson's Pellet which were beautiful.










It was a great hike, I love being active and trust me this hike made me work. It was a great work out, targeted areas were the glutes and legs.








                                      





I made it up the mountain with legs burning and feet hurting combined with a huge surge of endorphin's. I love feeling that threshold between exhaustion and energy, there is truly nothing like it. There was even a little friendly competition among the guide and fellow climbers.









This event was booked through Discover Outdoor. They offer several excursions with detailed information providing great escapes from the busy City.






3 comments:

  1. Gertrude's Nose? Try Kilimanjaro

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love the photos. looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Margarita,

    Discover Outdoors here, can we share this photo with other clients?

    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-EXcxOHlfsJg/T8U9rAMAZQI/AAAAAAAABDo/04sEzmqOEws/s1600/2.jpg

    ReplyDelete