Monday, May 28, 2012

Shots! Shots! Shots!

Hey Y'all,
"I must start this blog by stating that weapons are not toys and should be handled with the most respect".
I have an array of hobbies: yoga, boxing, running, dancing, etc. One of my favorite hobbies is shooting at a gun range.
Since 2008 I have been using Sunset Hill Shooting Range out in the Poconos. They have over 45 guns and the best instructors. They assist and educate you on every weapon you use.

They have an open range split off into two sections, one is for the individuals that own guns and the other is for using their guns.


When you arrive you will fill out a waiver, give them a valid ID and will receive hearing protection, eye goggles, and a tally card. Every time you should a weapon they will mark your card and that will determine how much your bill will be.



Even though beginners are welcome, if an instructor deems it unsafe for you to shoot they can deny you access. Once, an individual did not retain the information given and could not follow their guidelines and procedures, resulting in an instructor denying them access to a weapon. Their number one priority is safety.
On this particular day, they added two new guns: CZ-527 and the Savage MK II and I was the first person to shoot both of them.






     



                                    
     


I also had the opportunity to go skeet shooting. I didn't hit any but that just means I'll have to go back and practice!

   


                                      
   









3 comments:

  1. comes in handy in NYC I bet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!!your gun range videos are freakin awesome, makes me want to go shooting...but I'm so scared of guns. Do you have to have experience?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should be scared they are a dangerous weapon. No you do not need experience, the instructors will guide you all the way through your experience.

      Delete