Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Marni for H&M

Hey Y'all,
I'm sure if you love fashion you haven't stopped hearing about Marni's collaboration with H&M since Versace's collab came out.
I wasn't sure if I would make the event because I had been out the night before. In fact, I saw a few fashionistas at an event carrying a Marni bag from a preview. Nevertheless, my fashion alarm clock had awakened me at 6:30am and by 7:15am I was waiting on line for my wristband.

I went to the same H&M store for the Versace event and judging by where I was positioned on the line I knew I would get a wristband.



By the time my time slot began many of the items were already gone. The dangerous spiky necklaces were nowhere to be found. What I really wanted was the famous silk dress (Beige/Pattern) they advertised continually. I found a top I had not seen before and those chunky bracelets. The 2 piece white bracelets reminded me of dominoes--which I scored, Can you say "Capi Qu!"




The whole process took me 1 hour and 5 minutes. Let's look at the breakdown, shall we?

-7:15a-7:45a          Waiting for wristband      30mins.
-7:45a-8:50a          My coffee break            -65mins.
-8:50a-9:05a          Wait to shop                 +15mins.
-9:05a-9:12a          Shopping                      +  7mins.
-9:12a-9:25a          Fitting Room
                            and Check Out              +13mins.
                              Total time                 1hr. and 5mins. 


Now let's be honest. How long does it take fashionistas to go shopping? I'll tell you now I average 3 hours, which is why I usually shop alone (No reason to have people huffing and puffing breathing down your neck, it messes your whole artsy style up).

I love that H&M is so organized when it comes to collaborations. It's a great experience and that's saying a lot about a fashion frenzy for 15 minutes with 29 other people.
Here are a few helpful hints:

-First, go for accessories: they are small, easy to grab, with no need to check sizes.
-If accessories are gone feel free to grab the display ones, most of the time they sell everything except the mannequins. It's not like when your doing normal shopping and they say you can't remove the clothes off the doll.
-If a certain item in your size isn't there don't fret. Remember, after each time slot employees are replenishing from the back. Buyers are trying on clothing and what doesn't fit is going back on the floor. But you must be ready to grab whatever comes back in the 15 minute allotment you have.
Good luck, ladies!






Photography by Hassan Heyward

No comments:

Post a Comment