Monday, October 1, 2012

From Dexter to Homeland

Hey Y'all,
Showtime hosted an event at Grand Central Terminal's Vanderbilt Hall to launch both DEXTER and HOMELAND shows which air Sundays at 9pm and 10pm, respectively
Magnolia's Bakery participated by creating these incredible cupcakes and cake which contained sugar glass!
First up was Dexter's Kill Table, where you where strapped in with a tattoo of his famous trophy incision on your cheek. There was a huge art piece of Dexter and Debra Morgan made of garbage bags and knives, INSANE. Can I just say the intro to DEXTER always makes me hungry! I purposely make eggs and coffee while I watch it.
The Homeland station contained a real polygraph machine (release forms were required) which you were hooked up to and asked a series of 6 questions as you played the role of Sgt. Nicholas Brody. I was told a real polygraph test takes 2 hours (what the heck!). Just so you guys are aware I LIED and failed.
I really enjoyed this, these are two of my favorite shows.


























Photography by Margarita Acevedo


2 comments:

  1. that IS super cool

    ReplyDelete
  2. That event is really awesome! I'm a great fan of Dexter and I really wished I was there. The kill table and the bloody cake was a nice addition too.

    ReplyDelete