Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Solstice in Times Square

Hey Y'all,
I attend the summer solstice yoga in Times Square every year. Summer solstice the when the sun is at its Northernmost point. Every year that I attend this event gets bigger and bigger. I remember when the event was only held at Military Island before the green spaces were created. Now, every island is taken up from 42-47 Streets.












Taking a yoga class in the middle of one of the busiest places in the world is the best feeling ever. Stressed out New Yorkers usually find calm and solitude in other parts of the world but to be allowed to reach a state of serenity in this particular place brings great enjoyment. It is the ultimate test for individuals to center themselves within a chaotic and electrified maze.
Each year I feel a lot calmer and more connected with my City. Namaste New York!

3 comments:

  1. this was a great event, so cool, I'm not from nyc, i ended up stumbling upon it and it blew me away how nice it was... i'm signing up next for next time, thanks for posting pics...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuck. on a city street? sounds miserable

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a wonderful... time? I didn't think I would make it but i persevered and it felt great. Thank you for sharing and encouraging me to attend...

    ReplyDelete