Monday, June 11, 2012

GOALLLLLLLLLLL!

Hey Y'all,
It is no secret I am a huge soccer fan and Leonel Messi is my favorite player. So, when I heard that Argentina would be playing against Brasil in the International Friendly Game at MetLife Stadium in New Jersey, I made it a point to attend. The game was great, both teams played an amazing game. Argentina won 4-3 and it was a close game. Leo scored a hat-trick at this game and it was mind blowing. I couldn't decided if I wanted to watch the game intently or take video to enjoy later in the comfort of my home, It just so happened that when I did record I caught one of the three goals made by Leonel. Fernandez made the other goal to complete the four. Hulk, Romulo, and Oscar scored for Brasil. Towards the end of the game there was an altercation with Argentina's Ezequiel and Brasil's Marcelo and were both given a red cards and sent off. Half time entertainment included Argentine Tango and Capoeira.











 









Argentina had a practice game two days prior over at the Red Bull Arena. I enjoyed taking pictures of the players but was a little bummed that not only did they use only half of the field but they also trimmed off a huge portion on the sides of the field, restricting them to the center of the field. The fans sitting on the unused portion of the field must have been fuming, I know I would've been.


















Adidas sponsored a Light It Up with Messi projection on 35 Street and 8 Avenue to help promote his Adizero f50 cleats, where fans submitted their votes to feature their names on the huge projection. I found out about this last minute. what I mean by last minute was the day of the showing. It was a bit confusing because I thought it was being projected in Times Square but then I heard it was going to be on 35 Street on 8 Avenue on that white wall. Nevertheless, I took some footage. This week was a fun filled soccer event, I can't wait for the World Cup 2014!







2 comments:

  1. WHO'S JERSEY DID YOU SPORT THAT DAY?

    ReplyDelete
  2. USA..USA...USA...HURAHHHH....!!!!

    ReplyDelete