Monday, February 25, 2013

It's Fascinating to DIY!

Hey Y'all,
I love Fascinator hats; However, they are pricey suckers and everyone knows how I feel about spending a huge amount of money so, I made my own. The process is pretty simple and some of the materials I used were from stuff I had laying around the house.
Now, I made a small proto-type just to get the feel for what I wanted and how to apply each piece. These materials were from stuff around the house also.






Materials:
-Glue Gun (Thanks to my friend JN for lending me his)
-Scissors (I own)
-Safety Pins (I own)
-Small Comb clip (I own)
-Decorative berries and leaves (From a gift basket I got)
-Satin Fabric (From an old dress that no longer fits me)
-Tulle (Bought from a fabric store: $5 Bucks)
-Foam cap (From a prop I had)













I attended a wedding this weekend and it gave me the perfect opportunity to sport my very own fascinator. 





2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, Smart & Creative!

    BG~

    ReplyDelete
  2. From cutting up t-shirts to making fascinators....

    ReplyDelete