Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Shoe Obsession Exhibit at F.I.T.

Hey Y'all,
I checked out the Shoe Obsession exhibit at F.I.T. The exhibit runs until April 13 and is free. The shoes are definitely a work of Art. This was my first time going to the F.I.T exhibit museum so I was a little disappointed to hear there was "No Photography." After all, there are people in other countries who would like to see the exhibit. 
Shoes have walked a long way! They have become more than just a protection barrier for our feet, which by the way contains more bones than any single part of the body. Now, they have become part of our culture and status. People automatically know you're talking about Christian Louboutin when you say "Oh she's wearing Red Bottoms" and owning Manolo Blahnik means you have somehow become part of the hit show's "Sex and the City" family. 
It's easy to see the beauty shoes have: the patterns, colors, sparkles, heels, etc is what draws the attention to them. They make you feel sexy when you walk in them. The way they make you strut and shake your hips from side to side creates a distinct way of dancing while walking and attracts people's attention. 
But shoes aren't just made for walking, they serve a very specific purpose to what I love to call "The Height Challenged" and yes, I'm talking about myself! Now being 5'0" is the sweetest thing: I can fit anywhere, especially a crowded concert; I look younger than I am; and I can fit into kids' clothing which, means I don't pay regular prices, WOO-HOO! But, the beauty of heels is that I can always add a few inches when I'm in the mood and don't have to feel like I'm towering over people. They also keep the hems of your gowns from touching the floor so you don't trip on your face!
If you check out the exhibit don't be scared, some of these shoes must've been for fashion shoots. I can't imagine walking in them but I would definitely sit on the floor to pose with them on!

                                            HERE ARE MY FAVORITE PAIR! XOXO






No comments:

Post a Comment