Sunday, March 24, 2013

FIGHTERS SOURCE MMA NYC

Hey Y'all,
Fighters Source had their first sanctioned amateur MMA event in New York City's Hammerstein Ballroom. Tryouts for event were conducted throughout the New York and New Jersey area. USA MMA Kick International Federation & Fighters Source will take the winners of Amateur MMA athletes to the international stage to compete at the prestigious Yong-In University in Seoul Korea. 
MMA is illegal in New York, that's why fans usually have to head over to Jersey or Vegas to watch a fight. The Assembly deems it extremely violent and would be considered a bad influence to children; however, I don't think there is one kid who doesn't know what MMA is and I believe there aren't any buttons on the remote/web that block an MMA fight. Not to mention the fact that there are several MMA schools in Manhattan. 
I enjoy watching MMA, it reminds me of wrestling with my cousins and brothers when I was young (It's an adrenaline rush, competitive and scary when you hurt yourself or the other person). These fighters pummel  themselves to the ground yet at the end of it all give each other a handshake and hug then go back to being friends at the end. 
I know MMA will eventually become legal and MSG will probably wind up hosting such an event, until that day comes I'll just have to keep trekking out to another City and watching Ultimate Fighter on TV. 








                                       

                                


                                

































No comments:

Post a Comment