Friday, January 20, 2012

Insane Out The Airplane!

Hey Y’all,
One of my many dreams had been to jump out of a plane (with a parachute, of course). I think it's an extreme sport but has been something I’ve always wanted to do. 
One of my friends always asks “Why can’t you keep your feet on the ground?” The truth is I like challenging myself mentally and physically. 
Now, I have attempted to do this since I was 18 years old but could never push myself enough to do it, until I met my friend JL. She was interested in jumping as well but couldn’t do it either. 
Then one summer we decided to sign up and reserve our spots together. Staring each other in the eyes as our palms sweated and the nerves set in we wondered if we had made a mistake. We pushed and supported each other throughout this challenge. 

The day came and I was terrified. Why is it that the thing you want most is exactly what terrifies you? I mean, your parachute might not open and your body could splatter all over the place! But once we got there the mood changed. It was a beautiful day and people were laid back, calm, and friendly (Don’t get me wrong you’re still on high alert but the ambiance was calm and collected).
Another reason I was able to get through this was my instructor. If I hadn’t had a sarcastic, funny, crazy tandem partner it wouldn’t have been the same. I was laughing the whole time and the sly remarks kept me on my toes and distracted me from what was about to happen. 

The plane reached 15,000 feet and it was time to GET SOME!!! Whether I was ready or not I was doing it. It was the most amazing experience of my life. I loved every moment of it, as you can see in the video I went nuts up there.
 
The wind was so strong that my hand gestures looked more like weird sign language. 
I laugh every time I watch my video and am proud of what I did. I hope you guys enjoy it. 

For those of you who are ready for your next adventure, jump to this link: http://www.skydivetheranch.com/

2 comments:

  1. yea that's my sis right there, nothing but love & respect your way margarita... might not hear this often but i know myself among others r so proud of u, keep living life to the fullest & enjoy it to the max... respect_comes_1st for life sis....

    ReplyDelete
  2. "LMFAO" This is exactly why humans can't fly LOL..But on the real I Love what your doing especially with the different types of activities very informative

    ReplyDelete