Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Ding Ding! TKO in Astoria!

Hey Y’all,
I had a craving for Colombian food one day so I headed over to my paisa hood on Steinway Street in Queens. I was looking for parking when I saw LA BOXING gym. “Ding Ding,” I was ready for round 1.
The gym offers boxing, kickboxing, and MMA classes, I signed up for a boxing class: your first class is free.

You begin the class by getting your heart rate going by doing drills like running, crawls, squats, etc. Everyone has their own punching bag where you begin your boxing training. You alternate between boxing and cross training, making this the ultimate work out.

You can burn 800-1000 calories per class and trust me, you will feel it.


I love this gym. It was a very comfortable environment; the trainers are very attentive, paying close attention to your form and correcting you when needed. Even though it was my first class, I felt right at home. 
Thanks LA BOXING!


2 comments:

  1. YO MARGARITA, YOUR THE CHAMP!! I THINK ITS AWSOME THAT YOU TAKE ON ANY CHALLENGE HEAD ON. THEIRS SO MANY FUN WAYS TO STAY IN SHAPE . THANKS FOR SHARING, I THINK I WANT TO TRY OUT A FREE CLASS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you always wear workout clothes and a bandana on your head when you go out to dinner? How lucky!!! Now you can take on Drita.

    ReplyDelete