Friday, September 7, 2012

MDNA to YANKEE

Hey Y'all,
I know it's been a minute since my last post, it's been a busy month. I was psyched to catch Madonna's MDNA tour last night at Yankee Stadium.
It usually takes 20 minutes to get up there but I happen to get on the Madonna train which was packed with fans. The conductor kept making comments on how the Madonna train was full because everyone was heading up there to see her. Concerts always start later than their show time so I wasn't worried. I can only imagine how it gets when there's a Yankee game!
This was my first time seeing Madonna in concert and add the fact it was at Yankee, this gal was a happy camper. Now, it's easy to say it was a great show because "HELLO! It's Madonna!" but what were my opinions on the actual show itself? I thought it was great!
A friend said that Madonna tells a story in her show, describing what she has been through and what she has learned from it. This show is very dark and it's hard to compare it to her others since this was my first experience with her. As is with every story, there's a conflict, a peak, a change, and a result.
I saw struggles with life, marriage, desires, and morals. It shows how she has moved forward from it all; that's what I got out of it anyway.
During the show, I had a chance to skim over the crowd of people and see how they were reacting to the performance. A few people only knew her last two albums, causing them to sit for the duration of the show. I felt like some fans thought the show would be techno dance music, especially since Avicii opened for her; There was also a following who only knew her old stuff and then there were the religious cults of Madonna fans (Present!) who were with her every step of the way.
The production that went into the stage setups was done well; I really enjoyed how they changed the backgrounds with different pillars and projection.
I'm in love with the choreography, this chick (Madonna) has her dancers walking and dancing on tight ropes! WTF! Can you imagine how many rehearsals they must have had? They also had drummers playing while they were suspended in air! Cray Cray!! There was also a dance sequence that looked like the Jabbawockeez performing but I was told it wasn't them.
Madonna not only has featured artists like Nicki Minaj and MIA but she also has the Kalakan trio band who play and sing Basque music. I will be investigating what Basque music is and once I find out I will discuss further. The performance with the trio had me shaking my booty like crazy.
A special quick appearance from Rocco was sweet to see. Who doesn't like seeing a mother and son get crazy on stage?
For those of you who couldn't snag tickets, I have included some pics (which aren't great..I couldn't stop bouncing all over the place!).
I love Madonna and she is the Queen!



























No comments:

Post a Comment