Thursday, April 4, 2013

Soundtracks: Freestyle Had Me Flowing!

Hey Y'all,
I attended the Soundtracks: Freestyle Part I event for Eunice Kindred. Just who is Eunice Kindred you may ask? She is a multi-talented artist, choreographer, dancer, DJ and art director who has overcome one of our biggest catastrophes.
This Harvard graduate gave a wonderful performance and displayed her art work, which gave me chills. Eunice had begun creating her work at home when Hurricane Sandy hit and displaced her and her family. However, she did not give up. She continued to visit her abandoned home during the day in order to utilize the daylight to complete her work.
As I stared at many of the pieces on the wall I couldn't help but think about how much the hurricane influenced these paintings and how such creations developed among all the ruins and devastation.
Eunice's persistence and determination reminds me that with all the chaos in the world that we cannot control we in turn have control over the way we react to that chaos.
For more information on Eunice and her art work please visit her site at www.eunicejkindred.com and Artbyeunice.com















1 comment: